Thursday, July 9, 2009

Homeschool Letters

I have been going though our homeschooling papers from the 90's when our daughters were 9, 11, and 13. One of the neat ideas we used was a notebook which we wrote letters to each other in. On the first page I wrote them a letter similar to this one:

Dear (daughter), date
A least once a week you can write a letter to me and I will write you back.
You can write about what you do or do not like about school, what you would like to do, how you feel or what you would like to do on a holiday. You may write about anything you want.
When you have a letter for me to read put it on the blue box by the library books.
I will write you back, answer your letter, tell you how I feel or just write about something I like or dislike.
write back soon, love mom


It was amazing to see how their writing and spelling improved. They also had good ideas and if they had a problem they had a way to write me with out everyone knowing about it. In some of the letters they wanted to trade chores, had field trip ideas and just wanted to know that I was paying attention. These books are now like a diary or journal.

My daughter Annabelle wants to do this during the coming school year.

http://www.wabbstersbooks.blogspot.com/















No comments:

Post a Comment